- the types of personal information we may collect about you;
- how we might collect your personal information;
- how we may use and disclose your personal information;
- how we will store your personal information;
- your rights to request access to and correction of your personal information; and
- how you can contact us if you have any other questions regarding our collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information.
Personal information means identifiable information about you, for example your name, email, address, telephone number and so on. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal information has been aggregated and anonymised) then certain parts of this policy may not apply to that information.
The personal information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- the organisation you work for and your job title;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Services, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our online Services, the type of browser you are using, the - type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Services, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts - from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, our online chat or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
- From publicly available sources: We collect personal information from publicly available sources such as the Companies Register and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Services, including to provide you with a login;
- to enable you to access and use our associated applications;
- to contact and communicate with you about our Services;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Services and associated applications;
- to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to detect and/or prevent any illegal activity that may threaten us or our Services;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information that we consider may be of interest to you, noting we will - comply with all laws that are relevant to marketing (including the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and Fair Trading Act 1986);
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers such as HubSpot and Microsoft Azure, debt collectors, couriers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses]; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Overseas disclosure: Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of New Zealand, including but not limited to, Australia, India, United States of America, which may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those in New Zealand. Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, we will comply with Information Privacy Principle 12 and only disclose the information if:
- you have authorised the disclosure after we expressly informed you that the overseas recipient may not be required to protect the personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act 2020;
- we believe the overseas recipient is subject to the Privacy Act 2020;
- we believe that the overseas recipient is subject to privacy laws that, overall, provide comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act 2020;
- we believe that the overseas recipient is a participant in a prescribed binding scheme;
- we believe that the overseas recipient is subject to privacy laws in a prescribed country; or
- we otherwise believe that the overseas recipient is required to protect your personal information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act 2020 (for example pursuant to a data transfer agreement entered into between us and the overseas recipient).
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Anonymity: Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is stored by us or transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our online Services.
Links to other sites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
YäRKEN Ltd NZCN 8079479
Last update: 22 July 2022